Time-Management and Personal Development
What is Competency in Time-Management and Personal Development?
- Competency in time-management and personal development includes finding an appropriate work-life balance and demonstrating self-motivation, time and project management and financial responsibility
- Group discussions and presentations such as mindfulness and stress management offered through Psych Services assist graduate students in finding their individual balance between their academic careers and personal responsibilities
- Time-management competency focuses on independent, self-directed work and project management
Programs with Time and Self-Management as Main Competency
- Managing Anxiety and Stress
- This group is designed to facilitate coping with academic and personal stress. Discussion topics will include effective coping, building a coping repertoire, time management, and self-care.
- Mindfulness Meditation Drop-In Session
- Come practice mindfulness meditation skills or try it for the first time in a relaxed, casual environment. Participants will practice mindfulness meditation skills via audio-recording.
- Psychological Services
- Western's Student Development Centre provides professional, confidential psychological services free of charge to all Western students.
- Time Management for Graduate Students
- A 90 minute workshop to help graduate students strengthen their time management skills.
- Transitionaing to Graduate School
- A 90 minute workshop to help students with the transition to graduate school.
Programs with Time and Self-Management as Secondary Competency
Select Time and Self-Management Resources